Friends of the Richelieu. A river. A passion.



"Tout cedit pays est fort uny, remply de forests, vignes & noyers. Aucuns Chrestiens n'estoient encores parvenus jusques en cedit lieu, que nous, qui eusmes assez de peine à monter le riviere à la rame. " Samuel de Champlain


"All this region is very level and full of forests, vines and butternut trees. No Christian has ever visited this land and we had all the misery of the world trying to paddle the river upstream." Samuel de Champlain

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Ma mère


En l'honneur de ma mère, je porte parfois ses blouses, ou ses pantalons, ou ses bas; beaucoup portant son nom que j'ai brodé de fils de soie colorés pour qu'ils lui reviennent. Lentement, au fil du temps, ses vêtements s'usent, les fils de soie s'effilochent et son nom perd une lettre, puis une autre. Et de plus en plus son amitié me manque, j'efface ses manies qui me tombaient sur les nerfs, et j'aimerais avoir son oreille attentive pour lui parler. C'est ainsi que je vois les années s'écouler sans elle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To honor my mother, I sometimes wear her blouses, or a pair of pants, or some of her socks; a lot of them have her name that I embroidered with colored silk thread so her clothes would come back to her in the homes where she lived in the end. Slowly, as time goes by, her clothes get frayed, silk threads unravel and her name loses one letter, then another. I miss her friendship more and more, conveniently forgetting the things about her I could not stand, and I wish I could still talk to her about the little things, and the big things, in our lives. That is how I can tell that the years are slipping by, even without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment