Friends of the Richelieu. A river. A passion.



"Tout cedit pays est fort uny, remply de forests, vignes & noyers. Aucuns Chrestiens n'estoient encores parvenus jusques en cedit lieu, que nous, qui eusmes assez de peine à monter le riviere à la rame. " Samuel de Champlain


"All this region is very level and full of forests, vines and butternut trees. No Christian has ever visited this land and we had all the misery of the world trying to paddle the river upstream." Samuel de Champlain

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Bébé Johanne



Selon l'album de bébé que ma mère a rempli avant et après ma naissance, le premier mot que j'ai prononcé, c'est 'terre!, voulant dire: mets-moi par terre! J'en déduis que je n'aimais pas trop "me faire prendre" et préférais aller où bon me semblais. J'ai pas mal été comme çà toute ma vie.

Et toujours selon le même album de bébé, la première phrase que j'ai prononcé: "C'est beau, hein?", en me penchant sur un semis d'arbre tout neuf et en le pointant du doigt. S'il y a encore quelque chose qui m'épate encore aujourd'hui, c'est bien la présence des arbres dans notre environnement: il n'y en aura jamais assez, selon moi!



During her pregnancy, and after I was born, my mother kept a baby book that I've kept. The first word I said clearly was in French for 'down!, as in "put me down!". I guess I did not like being held and preferred being able to go wherever I wanted to. That stuck.

And further on, the baby book mentions that the first sentence I said was in French and was the equivalent of "Isn't it lovely?" pointing to a tree sapling. Again, the love of nature, and of trees more specifically, would stay with me all my life. I guess I have a one-track mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment