Friends of the Richelieu. A river. A passion.



"Tout cedit pays est fort uny, remply de forests, vignes & noyers. Aucuns Chrestiens n'estoient encores parvenus jusques en cedit lieu, que nous, qui eusmes assez de peine à monter le riviere à la rame. " Samuel de Champlain


"All this region is very level and full of forests, vines and butternut trees. No Christian has ever visited this land and we had all the misery of the world trying to paddle the river upstream." Samuel de Champlain

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

La pivoine de ma mère


La pivoine sur la tombe de Fillette, la chatte de ma mère, a ouvert ses 2 fleurs ce matin. Çà me touche tout particulièrement, parce que Fillette a été choisie à La SPCA de la Montérégie en 1998 pour ma mère qui commençait à montrer des signes certains de la maladie d'Alzheimer. Dès 2001, j'ai dû "placer" ma mère parce que sa maladie était rendue trop sévère, et Fillette est venue vivre chez moi. La dernière chose que j'ai emmené chez moi du jardin de ma mère a été la pivoine rouge sang qui se trouvait en arrière de chez elle. L'intégration de Fillette à la vie chez moi, déjà avec 2 chats, n'a pas toujours été facile, mais nous avons quand même vécu de bons moments ensemble. Juste avant Noël 2009, Fillette a souffert d'un cancer du sein fulgurant et j'ai dû la faire endormir avant le Jour de l'An 2010. J'ai choisi de planter la pivoine rouge de chez ma mère sur la tombe de Fillette, la petite chatte que ma mère aimait tant. Elles ont toutes les deux été de bonnes amies à moi et elles me manquent beaucoup.



Today, the blood red peony bloomed its 2 flowers. It is on Fillette's tomb, my mother's cat. It really took me back in time and gave me a heavy heart. Fillette was picked out from the many cats at the SPCA back in 1998 especially for my mother. She was an itsy bitsy thing then. My mother was already showing signs of Alzheimer's and I was hoping that the company and the responsibility of feeding her and cleaning her litter box would help my mother keep track of time and remind her of feeding herself too. In 2001, my mother was too sick to stay alone at home by herself anymore, so she had to go in a home, and Fillette came to stay with me, along with the 2 other cats I already had. The last thing I brought from my mother's home was that blood red peony she had in the back of her garden. Life with Fillette wasn't always easy, but we had some good times together. Just before Christmas 2009, Fillette got rapidly progressing breast cancer and I had to have her put down before the New Year of 2010. I thought it was particularly fitting to plant the blood red peony on Fillette's tomb, my mother loved her Fillette so much. They were two good friends of mine, and I miss them both a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment