Friends of the Richelieu. A river. A passion.



"Tout cedit pays est fort uny, remply de forests, vignes & noyers. Aucuns Chrestiens n'estoient encores parvenus jusques en cedit lieu, que nous, qui eusmes assez de peine à monter le riviere à la rame. " Samuel de Champlain


"All this region is very level and full of forests, vines and butternut trees. No Christian has ever visited this land and we had all the misery of the world trying to paddle the river upstream." Samuel de Champlain

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Gunshot!


Yesterday, I was working in my woodpile in the backyard, stacking firewood while listening to the birds signing all around me. Suddenly, a loud "crack" on the left of me, then immediatly after, a metallic "bing" to the right: I recognized the sound of an air BB gun. So I looked up to my left, trying to see through the thick cedar hedge of my neighbor`s.

I could not see a thing until he moved. I could make him out between the branches, and he was carrying a black rifle. I then heard a "pffft". The cartridge sounded empty. That`s when he walked back to his house with it and went in by the basement door.

My heart was beating real fast. I don`t think he knew I was there. He`s a bit deaf for working in construction without any ear protection. If he had fired again, I would have cried out, making him aware that I knew what he was up to. I thought of calling the police, but I have already accused him of assault in the past and he had pleaded guilty and just got a letter from the prosecutor (I got a copy). So was it worth calling the police?

He already makes me uneasy, and now I will be event more watchful of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment