Friends of the Richelieu. A river. A passion.



"Tout cedit pays est fort uny, remply de forests, vignes & noyers. Aucuns Chrestiens n'estoient encores parvenus jusques en cedit lieu, que nous, qui eusmes assez de peine à monter le riviere à la rame. " Samuel de Champlain


"All this region is very level and full of forests, vines and butternut trees. No Christian has ever visited this land and we had all the misery of the world trying to paddle the river upstream." Samuel de Champlain

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pas obligé de tuer quelqu'un

"Même s'il a commis un crime épouvantable et qu'il doit être jugé, nous savons tous que le Dr Turcotte n'est ni un criminel, ni un fou. Juste un monstre comme vous et moi." Pierre Foglia

Lien: http://www.lapresse.ca/debats/chroniques/pierre-foglia/201105/12/01-4398522-le-monstre.php


J'avais épousé un ami d'adolescence depuis 5 ans. Après 10 années de mariage, le gars me torturait mentalement: j'étais devenue une servante, une femme de ménage, une "quick-order cook", une couturière qui reprisait ses vêtements. Et au lieu de remerciements, je ne récoltais que du dénigrement. J'ai décidé que j'en avais assez.

Je n'avais pas d'enfants pour faire des ultimatums. Je n'ai pas menacé de me tuer pour obtenir un divorce. J'ai tout simplement dit: la porte est là. Il n'avait jamais aimé la maison que nous avions acheté ensemble. J'ai offert d'acheter sa moitié. J'ai offert d'acheter la moitié de l'auto. Et s'il continuait à me violenter mentalement, j'appellerais sa mère pour tout lui dire. Cela a suffit.

J'ai acheté sa moitié de la maison, la moitié de l'auto, et j'ai payé tous les frais du divorce. Bon débarras. Et personne n'est mort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my favorite columnist says in this piece that we are all a bit monsters when it comes to getting what we want. This Dr Turcotte, in a fit of jealousy, it seems, killed his 2 kids after a row with his wife, their mother.

But I resent that.

As an example to "there is always another way", I mention that after going out for 5 years with a teen friend, we got married. The marriage lasted for 10 years. I had enough of him taking me for granted.

He admitted that he married me to do some social climbing, and when he saw that that did not work, he shamelessly used me. And kept verbally abusing me and mentally torturing me. I had become a slave in my own home and was being browbeaten for my trouble.

At some point, I said I had enough. Showed him the door. At first he thought I was kidding. When I found the solution, calling his mother and telling her everything, he moved out.

I bought his share of the house (he never wanted it anyway), his share of the car, paid for the divorce papers. Good riddance.

And nobody got killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment