Friends of the Richelieu. A river. A passion.



"Tout cedit pays est fort uny, remply de forests, vignes & noyers. Aucuns Chrestiens n'estoient encores parvenus jusques en cedit lieu, que nous, qui eusmes assez de peine à monter le riviere à la rame. " Samuel de Champlain


"All this region is very level and full of forests, vines and butternut trees. No Christian has ever visited this land and we had all the misery of the world trying to paddle the river upstream." Samuel de Champlain

Friday, February 26, 2016

Posture



When I was a teen, often my mother would criticize my posture, pointing out that I was slouching.

And lately, I've noticed that I tend to walk as if I was fighting a strong wind: head down, shoulders sagging forward, trunk slightly folded at the waist, spine curved forward.

It makes me look old, I notice.

Why did I start walking like this? Is it because I walk barefooted and my floor was unfinished for so long? Because I don't want to stumble on my cats? Because I hated the attention brought to my breasts? Because of the months spent with a pinched sciatic nerve?

From now on, I pledge to lift my head high, straighten my spine, bring back my shoulders, tuck my tummy in, and make my stride smoother. I'll look younger and feel better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment