Friends of the Richelieu. A river. A passion.



"Tout cedit pays est fort uny, remply de forests, vignes & noyers. Aucuns Chrestiens n'estoient encores parvenus jusques en cedit lieu, que nous, qui eusmes assez de peine à monter le riviere à la rame. " Samuel de Champlain


"All this region is very level and full of forests, vines and butternut trees. No Christian has ever visited this land and we had all the misery of the world trying to paddle the river upstream." Samuel de Champlain

Monday, November 16, 2015

Books


Like layers of an onion, I'm slowly dusting off the books I had put aside while the renovations were going on. One by one, each one will find a place on the shelves to share my day to day life, easy to grab when the need arises. They represent who I am, my past, my interests, my passions. They are an integral part of me, a part of my identity, and I like to go through their pages once in a while, just to keep in touch. Just to keep my feet on the ground and my mind on what matters.

I have met people that do not have any books in their life, nothing to read within a hand's reach. I can't imagine how that must be like. An alien on a strange planet, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment