Friends of the Richelieu. A river. A passion.



"Tout cedit pays est fort uny, remply de forests, vignes & noyers. Aucuns Chrestiens n'estoient encores parvenus jusques en cedit lieu, que nous, qui eusmes assez de peine à monter le riviere à la rame. " Samuel de Champlain


"All this region is very level and full of forests, vines and butternut trees. No Christian has ever visited this land and we had all the misery of the world trying to paddle the river upstream." Samuel de Champlain

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Morning Encounters


Aperçu ce matin un Branchu mâle solitaire sur le bord de la rivière Richelieu. Il s'est contenté de me regarder sans bouger. J'ai aussi rencontré un voisin sur la rue qui ne m'a même pas regardée, même quand j'ai dit bonjour. Des fois, j'aime mieux les canards que les voisins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While walking along the river coming back home from buying a newspaper, I glimpsed a Wood Duck sitting on a Weeping Willow stretching over the water. I had to stop and walk back a few steps to make sure I was seeing right. He just sat there, looking at me, probably wondering if it was worth the trouble to move from there. We both looked at each other for a while and then I walked on. A little further down the road, I met one of my neighbors on his bicycle. I have the impression he does not want to talk to me, so I put him to the test one more time. I said "Good morning!" when he pedaled by me. He did not even look at me and puffed on. Sometimes I prefer ducks to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment